You could get a GameGear EverDrive to play all the games you want on a GameGear, but you would have several major issues.
GameGear Hardware Issues
- Screen has motion blur
- Console is fragile and can become damaged easily
- Game cartridges need cleaning and proper maintenance
- 6 AA batteries for little game play time
You could get a GameBoy EverDrive to play backed up GameBoy games on your GameBoy Original or GameBoy Color, but you will have several hardware issues. Of course a good alternative would be to get a GameBoy Advance SP, but let’s just talk about the Original and Color models.
GameBoy Original and Color Hardware Issues
- No backlight on Original and Color models
- Black and green on Original model, no color
- Big bulky size, the Original model can be heavy
- Uses AA batteries instead of rechargeable
- Some models can have bad screen motion blur
Benefits of running GameGear and GameBoy games on PSP hardware
- Rechargable batteries
- All games on SD card, no cleaning and maintence required
- Screen is bright, clear, sharp image and no motion blur on most PSP models
- Cheat codes without game genie
Be sure to keep up with dashhacks.com for all the latest PSP homebrew!