WII U HOW TO PLAY BACKED UP GAMES
Posted by newage
on December 1st, 2017
It is now possible to install Wii U backed up games to a USB hard drive! This will be different then how you would do this on PS3 or Xbox360. You will not be placing ISO files on to your USB drive, instead you will be installing games through the system via homebrew app on to the USB drive. You also do not need to download ISO files from third party sites like Mega or Google Drive.
USB HDD plugged in to your Wii U and formatted to work with the consoleWii U console on 5.5.1 firmware
Have Homebrew app on your SD card and ready to use
WiiU USB Helper
Modified wupinstaller: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wupinstaller-y-mod-with-mulitple-install-folders.445907/
- Place the modified wup installer on your SD card.
- Go to the Wii U Title Database to locate the title you want to install on the USB hdd. Copy the Title ID. (it should begin with "00050000") THESE ARE SPECIFIC TO YOUR CONSOLE'S REGION!
- Use the WiiU USB Helper and for the URL type in "wiiu.titlekeys.com". Now type in your title key you want to download and press download onlinekey button. It will download the game from Nintendo's servers and get/make modified title files.
- Copy all the files that were downloaded to your SD card in the folder "install" (if it's not there, make it).
- Insert the SD card in to your Wii U, turn on your Wii U, and open homebrew menu. Select the WUP Installer Modified homebrew app to start it, then when the app is started press the X button to start installing to your USB HDD!